Bergey or Whisper [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Bald Mtn. Solar toddcory at jps.net
Wed May 2 11:12:11 PDT 2001

Friends,

I am currently working with a customer, designing a wind generator
addition for their current PV system.

I am trying to decide between the:
Whisper H 80 (1 kW)
Bergey XL 1 (1 kW)

Personally I have a whisper H40 and have been very pleased with it's
performance particularly the governor system which diagonally moves only
the generator out of the wind, leaving the tail horizontal which helps
to maintain nearly full power even when governing. It is also very
quiet, even when governing. I know next to nothing about Bergey units.

Can folks offer feedback regarding their customer service, quality of
constriction and real world performance / longevity? How well do they
perform in high gusty winds? Are they quiet? If I have more information
on people's experience with these 2 units I can better choose which is
the best way to go. The winds the unit will see tend to be gusty, which
makes me lean towards the Whisper.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Todd

- - - -