Viking Gas Range. [RE-wrenches]

Lynne A Carter solarvil at netpath.net
Wed May 2 09:35:31 PDT 2001

Yes the Peerless-Premier has the simple solution but it has crap for
insulation. They are called Hot-Point at Lowes. They heat up big time when
the oven is on.  Maybe up north this is a good thing but here in the south
it sucks.  In the directions they must be installed 2" from the dry wall. I
have customers that hate them.  The Big bucks Viking, Jenn-air, Miele, Wolf,
(or the $10,000 AUGA) and others are all worth looking into. If baking is a
big part of the family meal plan then the glow plug is a load that could add
up.  The trouble is that most the sales people that market Stoves including
the bigger fancier ones, don't know what they are talking about most of the
time. I just say you want to cook when the power goes out..... Can I get a
product that will do that?  Your Friend is doing a grate thing.  The Viking
will run on the Trace SW inverters. 1500w I think it stays on the entire
time But Viking makes a Unit that has a pilot light. I may have a model
Number here.  Remember the larger stoves may require a vent fan and hood
Like in restaurants. Check local coad.
I have made the mistake more than once paid for a stove I have had to give
away because, the Stove sales reps could care less about my "energy
Problem".  Be very specific to the manufacture or distributor, I will not
pay if it plugs in a glow plug.
LYN
Lyn at solarvillage.com
Solar Village Institute inc.