Neptune Washing Machine (was gas dryer and washing machines) [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Tue Jan 30 10:16:39 PST 2001

Jim,
My understanding is that the touch pad model ($1300+ and to my knowledge had
not been proven to work on any inverter) had the built in water heater and
led indicator model (less expensive) doesn't but don't quote me on that.
>From memory the yellow tag on ours said 282 kWh/year and both of the new
models are above 300.  Of course, that needs some more investigation because
if that included water heating would be pretty impressive.  Maytag has a
pretty good web site but it doesn't mention anything about energy use.

We bought an original Neptune model right after the new models came out a
few months ago.  We got it for $700 on a closeout special.  It is using 100
wh per load on max extract cycle.  We have noticed that the max extract
cycle doesn't seem to get out as much water as we think it should but we
don't have experience with other h-axis machines to compare it to.  Other
than that we love it and highly recommend it.  Of course the only way to get
the one we have is what is left in stock as the newer models are replacing
it.

Since installing the Neptune our water bill noticeably dropped which is
impressive since we have been leaving faucets dripping during the really
cold nights.

Travis Creswell
Ozark Solar
----------
>From: "James Lamb, Middle Fork Engineering" <j.lamb at pecorp.com>
>To: RE-wrenches at topica.com
>Subject: RE: Gas Dryers and Washing Machines [RE-wrenches]
>Date: Tue, Jan 30, 2001, 11:18 AM
>

>Hello
> I am in the market for a efficient washing machine and want to
>recommend them too.
>The New Maytag Neptune Washer has 2 models. The more expensive one has a
>touch panel control? Do these have electric water heaters in them.
> Anybody have any experience with these?
> What other units are out there?
>How much KWH per load?
>
> Jim Lamb