Gas Dryers and Washing Machines [RE-wrenches]

James Lamb, Middle Fork Engineering j.lamb at pecorp.com
Tue Jan 30 09:18:37 PST 2001

Hello
	I am in the market for a efficient washing machine and want to
recommend them too.
The New Maytag Neptune Washer has 2 models. The more expensive one has a
touch panel control? Do these have electric water heaters in them.
 Anybody have any experience with these?
 What other units are out there?
How much KWH per load?

	Jim Lamb
	Middle Fork Engineering

	 Wallace Stahle Wrote on Wednesday, August 30, 2000 10:21 PM
> Our used  $85  washer bellied up recently, the second one in three years,
> and
> the lights went on.   Time to get an off grid worthy,  energy efficient
> machine.  I went to the Energy Star web site and opted for Sears response
> the Neptune; which they also carried for $999 I believe.
> At $150 discount we shelled out $650 for the Kenmore #40052  Horizontal
> axis
> (the key to the efficiency) washer that eats 128 kwh  at the basic wash
> setting
> (vs. heavy/short), extra rinse, normal spin (not fast), as measured by the
> Brand
> WH meter at about the thirtieth load.  The last 20 whr was used by the
> final
> spin.

and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance
upon, this information by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error,
please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages:

To unsubscribe send a message to: