Maytag, [RE-wrenches]

Ian Woofenden ian.woofenden at homepower.com
Wed Mar 22 09:09:05 PST 2000

Bob Ellison said:

>>From a conversation with someone at a local Maytag dealer, they may say that
>the Neptune uses ".096 kWh per load" and I don't know any different. However

I've measured ours at 105 WH per load with a Brand meter. We really love
this machine. It's big, rugged, and quiet. We run it on an SW4024. The
inverter must be out of search (even on the lowest setting) to run the
whole cycle uninterrupted, and it is a phantom after the cycle is done,
until you open and close the door (wish we could fix that).

>its water use is very high, because it constantly pumps out soapy water and
>replaces it with fresh water to keep sudsing down. It definitely will make
>your water pump run and risk running your well dry, if you don't have good
>well.

I have no data on the water use. Overall, front loaders are said to use
much less water than top loaders. We haven't noticed any more water use
than our White-Westinghouse front loader. the AEEE appliance book might
have water use measurements.

Ian

Ian Woofenden <ian.woofenden at homepower.com>, Fax: 360-293-7034
Associate Editor, Home Power magazine, The Hands-On Journal Of Home-Made Power
Editors are Professional Idiots - We misunderstand text so our readers won't.

HP subscriptions: $22.50 per year, PO Box 520, Ashland, OR 97520 USA
800-707-6585 (US), 541-512-0220, or download current issue at
<http://www.homepower.com>

To send a message to the list use: <RE-wrenches at topica.com>

To view an archive of previous messages go to: <http://www.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/

Hosted by Home Power magazine: <http://www.homepower.com>