Maytag, bottom freezers [RE-wrenches]

Bob Ellison ellison at gisco.net
Wed Mar 22 07:41:22 PST 2000

Hello Wrenches,
>From a conversation with someone at a local Maytag dealer, they may say that
the Neptune uses ".096 kWh per load" and I don't know any different. However
its water use is very high, because it constantly pumps out soapy water and
replaces it with fresh water to keep sudsing down. It definitely will make
your water pump run and risk running your well dry, if you don't have good
well.

My understand is also that bottom freezers use more power. If the compressor
is located at the bottom it would make sense due to the heat generated.

That "Doug Rye" Show scares me, I guess I spend too much time preaching
efficiency. (I hope no one listens to him)!

Just my 2 cents worth....

Bob Ellison