Invertrix [RE-wrenches]

Drake Chamberlin - Electrical Energy solar at eagle-access.net
Thu Mar 9 12:31:23 PST 2000

<x-flowed>Hi Wrenches,

     The discussion of sine wave Vs non sine wave inverters is very
interesting.  I've often seen modified sine wave units have problems,
especially with submersible well pumps.
     There is another twist offered by Invertrix, Inc. of Ventura, CA.
They seem to be claiming that the voltage wave form is not really the
issue.
     Invertrix claims that their design handles the power factor
better than a sine wave inverter for $1000 less.  Does anyone have
experience with these units?
     Their discussion of power factor and wave form is on the web at:
<http://invertrix.com/sinewave.htm>http://invertrix.com/sinewave.htm

     I would be curious to hear what Wrenches think of these claims.

Drake