Intro, Mod vs. Sine, Trace UT-SW MPPT & THD, ConServ/Vestfrost reliabilit

G.N. Solar gosolar at win.bright.net
Thu Mar 9 12:30:44 PST 2000

<x-flowed>
Greetings Wrenches:

A quick reply to Pat Kiernan:

I have been operating a Vestfrost several years here at SunFarm on our
stand alone hybrid wind/PV system.  The unit runs well on the trace 2012 U
series square wave inverter.  When in sleep mode the freezer wakes the 2012
up and it goes back to sleep when the freezer goes off.

The freezer uses more power than advertized (not unusual) but is still
quite effiecient.  No exact figures at this time.

I have clients with the fridge/freezer.  Again they use more than the hype.
They are oddly shaped (tall and skinny) but are more effiecient than most
commercial units.

For ultimate conservation SunFrost still seems to be on top.

Energetically,  Chris LaForge

Any pros/cons/reliability info out there on   the ConServ/Vestfrost
refrigerators and freezers?   There are quite a number of proposals to
amend the  PV section of the 2002 NEC. I encourage you all to review and
comment so the  wrenches can balance out the paper electricians.   Fellow
wrenches, I am delighted to be  included in your company. I'm enjoying the
philosophical and technical  discussions.   Pat Kiernan   Eco Electric,
Inc.

Great Northern Solar
77450 Evergreen Road, Suite #1
Port Wing, WI 54865
715-774-3374

To send a message to the list use: <RE-wrenches at topica.com>

To view an archive of previous messages go to:
<http://www.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/

Hosted by Home Power magazine: <http://www.homepower.com>

for info contact: <michael.welch at homepower.com>