Who is who? [RE-wrenches]

Steve Willey - Backwoods Solar Electric info at backwoodssolar.com
Sun Dec 5 21:16:54 PST 1999

Per Ron Macleod's request, here is a summery of Who is for us: Backwoods
solar was started back in 1978 or before as a hobby installing wind power,
since we (Steve and Elizabeth Willey) were off grid and finding solutions as
we went along. Soon solar became the main product, still for remote homes in
the north woods. As our customer list grew we tried doing a newsletter which
turned into a catalog business, and just grew 15 to 20% a year. I then had
to quit the GTE town job, then Elizabeth quit her job, no regrets ever.
Then we hired a helper, then another, finally Y2K business brought us to 5
total people. We rarely install anymore, referring that to local
electricians, simply because we work 9 to 12 hours a day just doing the
"make a million in mail order from home" trip.  We do make some custom
products and spend one full time person on answering mail and email and
giving personal service.  we try to follow-up and solve all problems, hence
while no longer throwing many wrenches, we deal with the technology and
field problems on a full time basis. Backwoods Solar wants to re-focus and
slow down a little, to service the independent-stand-alone-owner built-off
grid situation as our primary focus. Statistics: about 20,000 mailing list,
one catalog and 2 or 3 newsletters mailed per year, website
www.backwoodssolar.com, phone 263-4290, toll free fax 888-263-4290 (don't
let the telemarketers get that one).

Glad to see this functioning group.

Steve Willey   www.backwoodssolar.com
Backwoods Solar Electric Systems
A catalog business on a mountain
2 miles from utility lines,
powered entirely by our catalog products.