lightning protection/who's who [RE-wrenches]

Clive Wilkinson powersense at horizon.co.fk
Thu Nov 25 09:55:31 PST 1999

Thanks for the advice, Sharkey.  Much appreciated.

Agree with Ron, good to have intros so we know who's talking.

Name:  Clive Wilkinson

Company name:  PowerSense.

email etc - see sig lines

Company profile:   There's a heap of stuff on our website but takes a
month to plough through it all. Lot of stuff about farm, crafts,
islands etc.
  Basically -  I'm a sheepfarmer (no jokes please, believe me I've
heard 'em all). Turned to RE 10 years ago for own use, was asked by
other farmers to advise them and eventually built up a business
supplying and installing systems, most of them incorporating wind
turbines.  (PV is used for fencing vast areas of grazing land, up to
150 miles from one energiser, no serious use otherwise, not enough
sun.)  Systems often synchroneous with diesel gensets.  (Try the
PowerSense page for a quickish intro or check out HP #55 to see a
typical system).

I get my Trace inverters etc through Electron Connection, have visited
the Trace plant, and done some hands-on stuff alongside Bob-O.
This business has taken over from wool as our main income.  Life here
isn't easy due to remoteness.  This is also the ultimate test site for
wind turbines, strong gusty often 'dirty' winds. I use Proven
turbines - work pretty closely with Proven Engineering (Scotland) on
development. and think they have learned a lot from experiences here.
Lead acid batteries are made to order for us by Chloride Motive Power
(England).

Age?  fifty mumble mumble

Life goal?  to see everyone here enjoying 24 hour power (there's no
national grid).  Getting there slowly...

cheers

Clive

Clive Wilkinson
PowerSense