Who else [RE-wrenches]

Sharkey sharkey at mrsharkey.com
Wed Nov 24 12:36:07 PST 1999

	All;

	Well, I don't know, I probably don't have the right to an opinion, because
according to the "guidelines" I've read so far, I probably don't have a
right to be on the Wrenches list either.
	I guess it bothers me a little that this is turning out to be an
"us-and-them" issue. Sure, denying access to the list will help force out
less scrupulous dealers and installers, but in the process, you may also be
turning your back on someone who is less capable because they need
education. The very bottom line is that their customers will suffer, and
THAT is bad for solar power in general.
	My local Library doesn't make value judgements based on their client's
financial situation, clothing, intent for use of the information, hair
style, or any other intangible reason of that sort. As long as they abide
by the rules of social exchange (shirt, shoes, service), they can look at
any of the books, and even check them out if they can provide a permanent
street address. Even the homeless can at least sit and read. The reference
desk is open to all.
	I'd rather live in an open society, wouldn't you? The only reason I can
see to limit access to posting to the list is to keep the volume of e-mails
from getting too large to be manageable, and from what I've seen, that
hasn't been a problem so far....
	But... that's just my opinion.

	-S

To send a message to the list use: <RE-wrenches at topica.com>