[RE-wrenches] speaking of batteries

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar offgridsolar at sti.net
Tue Apr 23 14:19:43 PDT 2024

It depends on how the BMS shares with the new BMS. A state of life
measurement, the charge algorithm, and ? has to account for this for
them to charge and discharge well together.

Pretty safe to say one year for many makes of battery.   Kind of like
bussbar use in large systems,  is a way to think about this.

A good battery system will know and log this also for warranty.

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar
"we go where powerlines don't"
    [1]https://offgridsolar1.com/ [2]  [1]
e-mail  offgridsolar at sti.net
text 209 813 0060

On 2024-04-23 2:03 pm, jay via RE-wrenches wrote:

> HI All
>
> Speaking of batteries  I wonder what you all make of this.
>
> I was reading the Fortress battery manual and it says they don't
> recommend adding new lithium batteries to older lithium batteries if
> the age is over 1 year difference.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> thanks
> jay

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

> There are two list archives for searching. When one doesn't work, try
> the other:
>
> List rules & etiquette:
>
> Check out or update participant bios:
> http://www.members.re-wrenches.org