[RE-wrenches] PV/Charge Controller Troubleshoot Help

Kirk Herander kirkh at vermont.solar
Tue Apr 23 13:13:03 PDT 2024

Same experience for me, Toast if reboot doesn't wake it up.

On Tue, Apr 23, 2024 at 3:33 PM Howie Michaelson via RE-wrenches <

> I've had several MX and FM failures (at least 5) over the years, often
> with the output at zero. I don't know what actually fails, but they just
> stop producing.  I must admit, I don't remember if in all cases I tried
> resetting them to factory default, but my memory is when talking to Outback
> support, after checking for appropriate input and output voltages, if there
> aren't any other obvious issues, they've told me the units are toast.
> Howie Michaelson
> Sun Catcher
>

> On Tue, Apr 23, 2024 at 2:45 PM Jay via RE-wrenches <
> re-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org> wrote:
>
>> No error message for CC fan
>>
>> The fan should cycle from battery power off start up.
>>
>> I e never seen a CC produce zero watts. Reduced yes
>>
>> While the fan might be broken I don’t think that explains the issue.
>>

>> > On Apr 23, 2024, at 11:36 AM, William Miller via RE-wrenches <
>> re-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org> wrote:
>> >
>> > If the fan fails would there be an error message?  As always, I looked
>> this
>> > up before posting.  The manual is not clear on the matter.
>> >
>> > William
>> >
>> > Miller Solar
>> > 17395 Oak Road, Atascadero, CA 93422
>> > 805-438-5600
>> > www.millersolar.com
>> > CA Lic. 773985

*Kirk Herander / **kirkh at vermont.solar <kirkh at vermont.solar>*

*Owner|Principal, VT Solar, LLC*

*Celebrating our 33st Anniversary 1991-2024!!*

dba Vermont Solar Engineering

802.559.1225