[RE-wrenches] Sol-Ark 15K AC Output

Jerry Shafer jerrysgarage01 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 20:21:00 PDT 2024

Wrenches, Jason
I have always either with outback and with solark have always connected
each unit with a distribution panel with breakers regardless of what's in
the inverter package. This same goes for the gen set connections with
proper breakers so not to have to over size the wires.
I have connected to either the gen set input or the grid input both will
work and both can be used to charge the batteries.
Question l do alot of gen set integration and breakers on the genset may
not reflect its actual design output and l have seen multiple times
overloading the genset due to the incorrect math. Use a power factor of .8
of the gen set rating then 75% of that is safe continues operating load.
Now some may argue with this but when l take a 150 kW  genny for a 4 hr
load bank test that's the math that's used.

Your batteries should also be independently fuse or breaker protected
outside of the battery such as a midnite battery combiner breaker cabinet,
required for any more than two banks. I do this with FLA's blue planet and
fortress regardless of the internal breaker supplied.
Fun times

On Tue, Mar 26, 2024, 2:27 PM Jason Szumlanski via RE-wrenches <