[RE-wrenches] Enohase tech support

Jason Szumlanski jason at floridasolardesigngroup.com
Fri Mar 15 18:43:48 PDT 2024

Like someone else suggested, they have a vested interest in upgrading
people from the M series to IQ microinverters to get out of the warranty
obligation the M series presents. Sadly, Enphase's upgrade program was
really designed to benefit Enphase in my opinion. So fixing the Envoy-R
debacle probably wasn't high priority.

To be fair, my 10+ year old M250 micros at home have been great with only a
5% failure rate. My Envoy-R failed, but I wanted the -S Metered for the
consumption monitoring anyway. So the M250 was a huge leap over the M215
and M190, and the -S offered some advantages over the -R. In that respect,
it shows Enphase has had a rapid and continuous increase in reliability.
That kept me on board all these years.

The same thing happened from the IQ Battery 3/10T to the 5P. They worked
out the major issues with the previous generations.

I'm not saying that Enphase is without faults by any stretch, but they have
been a reliable partner for those of us that have been there from the early
days and who have learned to cut through the nonsense you get from Customer
Service at times. Nobody can deny that they answer the phone quickly by
industry standards (although they had a brief period where that was not the
case). If you push and advocate for your customer and develop relationships
with your Enphase reps, you can move mountains when necessary.

Anyway, enough with the ENPH advertisement. Full disclaimer: I own zero
ENPH stock. I'm just sharing my experience.

Jason Szumlanski
Florida Solar Design Group