[RE-wrenches] Enohase tech support

david quattro david at quattrosolar.com
Fri Mar 15 10:49:51 PDT 2024

wow, your experience is worse than anything I've ever heard of from Enphase
tech support. My experience with them is this: they know their old Envoys
are garbage (the M-Series are failing left and right now). The executives
made the decision that they will no longer manufacture new M-Envoys. I
don't know their posture regarding S-Series, I haven't seen those fail yet.
So instead of selling you a good brand new M-Envoy, they try to connive you
into replacing 100% of your microinverters with IQ-Enphase - you know,
because they are such a great, responsible company.
  Actual options moving forward are to find a used M-Series Envoy that you
have tested in-house before you go on your 5 hour drive. I have one I can
sell you. Or you deliver the bad news to the customer and tell them the
truth - they are flying blind without a functioning Envoy.  Ground mounts
aren't that bad since you could teach the customer to walk up and verify PV
current on each module with a decent meter.  For me essentially all of my
Enphase fleet went onto residential rooftops where regular access is not an
option. What kills me about Enphase is that every step of the way over the
last 15 years - EVERY single time they changed their inverter architecture,
they promised that all the new stuff would be backward compatible with old
gear. And every single time, they were full of it.

On Fri, Mar 15, 2024 at 9:49 AM Jay via RE-wrenches <