[RE-wrenches] Non-battery string inverter options?

August Goers august at luminalt.com
Thu Feb 22 16:55:11 PST 2024

The last I checked, Fronius's inverters were not compatible with current CA
smart grid requirements, so won't be approved to connect to the grid, so be
careful there. Maybe they have new models now?

Tesla's 7.6 kW PV inverter is good, affordable, and can be installed
without MLPE. It also has 4 independent MPPTs and can be software derated
to lower AC values if necessary for the 120% rule. I believe BayWa and
Greentech are distributing these inverters.

https://www.tesla.com/support/energy/solar-inverter/tesla-solar-inverter

Best,

August

On Thu, Feb 22, 2024 at 4:46 PM Jay via RE-wrenches <