[RE-wrenches] Fortress

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Thu Feb 15 12:15:58 PST 2024

Jay:

Here is a link
<https://millersolar.com/MillerSolar/case_studies/36_SIFortress/36_SunnyIslandFortressIntegration.html>
to the study.

The web page needs to be updated with this information:

There are two settings to be changed in the Sunny Boy Inverters:  Backup
mode and Default.  See Below:

I had set the default to OFF_Grid but I had not set the Backup Mode to On
All.  It was in Off.

There is a possibility changing the Backup Mode setting may fix the
Frequency Shift Power Control problem that is the root of this dilemma.
There have not been enough sunny days to see the PV bring SOC up to the
level of near 100% where the problem exhibits.  As soon as the weather gets
sunnier and the days get longer I will see what happens and report back.

William

Miller Solar

17395 Oak Road, Atascadero, CA 93422

805-438-5600