[RE-wrenches] generator charging question/VFX3524

John Blittersdorf john.blittersdorf at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 19:37:21 PST 2024

Chris, I am doing just what you are contemplating.  I have a 6000 watt
Briggs & Stratton Gasoline worksite generator and had the same issue
charging my Fortress Eflex batteries.  I was getting 25 amps off one leg
but the genny wasn't happy about it.  I ran another line off of leg 2
directly to an Iota DLS 54-13 and now I get almost 40 amps and the
generator runs more smoothly. The only problem with the older outback
inverter is that the low battery cutout will only go up to 48 V when it
should be closer to 50 or more. As long as the customer keeps an eye on the
voltage or the generator has AGS, there is  no problem  If the batteries do
shut themselves down, the Iota charger can boot them back to life ... a
good reason to have the second non generator charger. I have considered
hooking up a second IOTA charger to see if I can get 50 amps out of my
generator without it working too hard.

John Blittersdorf

NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer™

CV Wind Service (and solar)

200 West Road

N Chittenden, VT 05763

802-770-8625

www.offgridvermont.com

On Wed, Feb 7, 2024 at 3:56 PM Chris Daum via RE-wrenches <