[RE-wrenches] State of Charge Meter for Sol-Ark

Glenn Burt Glenn.burt at glbcc.com
Sun Feb 4 08:37:54 PST 2024

Cheap tablet mounted to the wall?-GlennSent from my 'smart'phone, so please excuse typos and spelling errors.------ Original message------From: Jason Szumlanski via RE-wrenchesDate: Sun, Feb 4, 2024 10:30 AMTo: RE-wrenches;Cc: Jason Szumlanski;Subject:[RE-wrenches] State of Charge Meter for Sol-ArkAre there any off the shelf solutions to view battery SOC via a wired meter mounted remotely on a property? I have a client with a simple voltage based meter for lead acid batteries that they are accustomed to using as a quick and approximate gauge of SOC. They want something similar for their new Sol-Ark with EG4 LL batteries. They will have smartphone app visibility, but they want something they can see inside the house without picking up a phone or going out to the inverter. Ideally the SOC will come from the inverter or the battery itself, not an external source (to avoid discrepancies).Jason SzumlanskiFlorida Solar Design Group