[RE-wrenches] Automatic load control

Howie Michaelson Howie.Michaelson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 18:36:53 PST 2023

Hi all,

I am trying to figure out best options to control loads in a  Sol-Ark15k
battery backup residential system.  It's been quite a few years since I've
set up an automatic load control, and never with a Sol-Ark. The Sol-Ark
will output to the main breaker panel, so no separate "backed up" panel -
all house loads will likely be on the Sol-Ark's load side.

What do folks like to use in this type of circumstance to automatically
shed loads when the grid is down,  either sequentially as the battery bank
drops down or more simply triggered by loss of grid? Are they pieces of
equipment that work specifically with the Sol-Ark?
I'd also be open to considering Fortress's Envy, if there is an option that
would work well specifically with it.
I'm interested in the range of options from simple to complicated, as long
as it is automated.  All automated ideas/options appreciated.
Thanks!
Howie Michaelson
Sun Catcher