[RE-wrenches] Metal Truss Roofs

Sam Haraldson sam at onsiteenergyinc.com
Thu Oct 26 09:08:20 PDT 2023

James,

I can think of one install I performed in 2017 that was a metal roof over
metal purlins and we opted to through-bolt the entire array using one
installer on a ladder inside and another on the roof.  We employed butyl
mastic and large fender washers to attach a strut frame to the roof, and
then we installed traditional L-feet and rails atop the strut.  I have zero
experience working with tile so I don't know what your best methodology is
there but I can attest that the through-bolting has held up well at that
site the past five years.

Sincerely,
Sam Haraldson

[image: OnSite Energy]