[RE-wrenches] Metal Truss Roofs

James Rudolph jamesrudolph99 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 19:58:36 PDT 2023

Aloha Wrenches,

I have a good for the group. Does anyone know a lag/fastener other than
EJOT that could be used to install PV to a home with metal trusses? To
complicate things the roof is tile and the decking is 1/2" ply.
We do have access to the attic, but in only half the house because of the
cathedral ceilings.  I am thinking of reducing the array size and doing
through bolts that would have to be fastened from inside the attic.
Please let me know if anyone has an idea or solution here.

Good times.

Mahalo in advance.

James B. Rudolph

Independent Energy

C-39784 ES #10816

NABCEP Certified PV Installer since 2009  #091209-155

C. 808.313.9701