[RE-wrenches] Sunny Island AC-Coupled system integration with Fortress E-Vault

Kienan Maxfield maxfieldsolar at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 24 09:56:38 PDT 2023

William,

The charge controllers could operate in open loop, while the SMA did close the loop. Open loop works really well for charge controllers.

I question if the closed loop communication was really working correctly if the SI is reporting 50% SOC when the batteries are reporting 95%… The SI should be getting its % info from the batteries…

My thoughts are that the inverter needs to start frequency shifting at a lower voltage. If the closed loop communication isn’t working correctly, you could try setting a lower absorb and float voltage…

I’ve had bad luck using open loop Lithium with SMA…

If you were to consider switching out the inverters, consider putting in Fortress Envy inverters.

-Kienan

Green-Go Solar Wholesale Distribution LLC

kienan at dist.solar

maxfieldsolar at hotmail.com<https://maxfieldsolar@hotmail.com/>

(801) 631-5584(Cell)

www.distribution.solar