[RE-wrenches] Need a hand with Sunny Island/Sunny boy AC couple

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Sat Oct 21 18:01:03 PDT 2023

12 kw PV nominal. Low tilt angle and old panels so reality is far less.
5 e-vault 18.5 kWh batteries
2 SB 6000 US

System operational for some years with flooded batteries. Just installed
the e-vaults. I reset the system to factory defaults. I am not sure how to
verify the system will properly offset frequency if batteries are full.

Having just written this I realize there is a discrepancy between the SOC
the SIs report (46%) and the SOC the e-vaults report (98%). It could be the
SIs want to push a lot of charge to the e-vaults but they won’t accept the
charge because they are charged.

I installed 3 of the vaults temporarily a week ago. At first there was a
large discrepancy between SOC from batteries to SIs. Eventually that delta
reduced to 4%. Maybe this problem will resolve itself?

What settings on the SI are necessary to enable frequency shifting?

Thanks everyone for the response. There is nothing worse than being on-site
and not knowing how to get a system to operate. I shut off the PV and will
let the generator fill in the deficit until Monday.

William Miller
Miller Solar.com
805-438-5600
www.millersolar.com

On Sat, Oct 21, 2023 at 4:57 PM Ray Walters via RE-wrenches <