[RE-wrenches] Nuance ground racking

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar offgridsolar at sti.net
Mon Oct 9 07:49:24 PDT 2023

Interesting and the closest I have done to this is a ballast mount.
I will say I have broken quite a few cordless drills and killed Lithium
batteries with big torque.
My vote is a genset/ extension cord. Good Luck!

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar
"we go where powerlines don't"
    [3]https://offgridsolar1.com/ [4]  [3]
e-mail  offgridsolar at sti.net
text 209 813 0060

On 2023-10-09 7:32 am, Dave Tedeyan via RE-wrenches wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am going to try out the Nuance OSPREY PowerRack as a ground mount
> option that does not require an excavator. I am wondering two things
> about it:
>
> 1. Does anyone have experience with this, and do you like it?
>
> 2. What drill do you use for the drive rod?
>
> It seems like the Milwaukee 2" SDS max drill is the standard -
> https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/5342-21
> I am wondering if it is possible to use a cordless drill though. DeWalt
> makes both a cordless and corded version that claim to have the same
> impact energy as each other, although both are less than the Milwaukee
> Drill. Milwaukee has 19.9 ft-lbs of energy and the DeWalt ones have
> 19.4 Joules, which is 14.3 ft-lbs of energy.
> Cordless Kit -
> https://www.dewalt.com/product/dch773y2/60v-max-2-brushless-cordless-sds-max-combination-rotary-hammer-kit
> Corded Kit -
> https://www.dewalt.com/product/d25773k/2-sds-max-rotary-hammer
>
> The cordless drill is tempting because I already have a bunch of DeWalt
> equipment, and it would be nice to avoid needing a generator or some
> very long extension cords.
>
> Thanks!
> -Dave
> --
>
> [1]
>
> Dave Tedeyan, P.E.
> Owner | Sungineer Solar
>
> p: he | him | his
> a: 1653 Slaterville Rd. | Ithaca, NY 14850
> w: www.sungineersolar.com [2]
> c: (607) 270-0370

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

> There are two list archives for searching. When one doesn't work, try
> the other:
>
> List rules & etiquette:
>
> Check out or update participant bios:
> http://www.members.re-wrenches.org