[RE-wrenches] Nuance ground racking

Dave Tedeyan dave at sungineersolar.com
Mon Oct 9 07:32:53 PDT 2023

Hi all,

I am going to try out the Nuance OSPREY PowerRack as a ground mount option
that does not require an excavator. I am wondering two things about it:

1. Does anyone have experience with this, and do you like it?

2. What drill do you use for the drive rod?
It seems like the Milwaukee 2" SDS max drill is the standard -
https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/5342-21
I am wondering if it is possible to use a cordless drill though. DeWalt
makes both a cordless and corded version that claim to have the same impact
energy as each other, although both are less than the Milwaukee Drill.
Milwaukee has 19.9 ft-lbs of energy and the DeWalt ones have 19.4 Joules,
which is 14.3 ft-lbs of energy.
Cordless Kit -
https://www.dewalt.com/product/dch773y2/60v-max-2-brushless-cordless-sds-max-combination-rotary-hammer-kit
Corded Kit - https://www.dewalt.com/product/d25773k/2-sds-max-rotary-hammer

The cordless drill is tempting because I already have a bunch of DeWalt
equipment, and it would be nice to avoid needing a generator or some very
long extension cords.

Thanks!
-Dave

--