[RE-wrenches] Dab Esybox Mini 3 pump

Mick Abraham mick at abrahamsolar.com
Sun Oct 1 15:53:50 PDT 2023

Hi, Dave Angelini & All~

Dave posted his usual thoughtful remarks, reminding us that "Murphy" of the
infamous law is...everywhere... My reply is below his remarks, thanks.

"No experience but I am interested. I see your pump but it has not been out
there long. I can't find it a Home Depot which I depend on for really
remote clients. Can you get one fixed in the US or parts? Will it be
affected by well water?

The Scala2 has had failures and seems to last 3 years if the input water
has sediment. Grundfos is a pain but they are there and will help for 2
years. Home Depot will give your money back if you use their CC for a year.

All ears on this one!"

Mick replies: I think the "home office" is in Italy & the earliest
youtube video on the Esybox Mini was in 2015...so it does have some
track time. They call it Mini3 now because they've changed to three
vanes in the pump.

Here's the contacts page for DAB USA for the intrepid seekers among us:

https://dabpumps.us/en/CONTACTS

A home sized pressurizing pump with updateable firmware--is that a
good thing? But I digress. I gotta hold back on this until/unless
there's more feedback from success stories in the field. I'm too old
to continue my "earlier adopter" ways. "Do you know how to tell who
the pioneers are? They're the ones with arrows in their back."
Thanks, Dave, for your always helpful participation.

The Wrench List is the Bomb!

Mick Abraham, Proprietor
www.abrahamsolar.com

Landline: 970-731-4675
Cell phone or for text messaging: 970-946-6584

ᐧ