[RE-wrenches] GT w/ BB

Michael Morningstar mjmorningstar at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 08:49:13 PDT 2023

For a general rule of thumb, I use NEC 366.23 "ampacity of conductors in
sheet metal gutters". For anything large or needing inspection, I have my
electrical engineer design the bussing as he will factor energy density and
temperature rise across the bussing. It's pretty straightforward for DC
bussing, whereas AC bussing needs inductance and skin effect taken into
consideration. It costs me about $1,500.00 to get a stamped design.

--

Michael Morningstar

Morningstar Electric

PO Box 1494