[RE-wrenches] Franklin Home Power

Jason Szumlanski jason at floridasolardesigngroup.com
Thu Sep 14 13:34:45 PDT 2023

Does anyone know if Franklin supports their AC-coupled battery solution in
a completely off-grid scenario (no grid present)?

I need to install a demonstration system with ~40kWh capacity to run loads
in an outdoor off-grid facility. It needs to be wall mounted, NEMA 3R, and
have 10kW AC output rating minimum. Aesthetics are important.

I'm contemplating installing an Enphase 5P battery system, but it's not
officially supported, even though I believe I can trick the system enough
to get it commissioned and running in off-grid mode. If Franklin supports
this, that's a checkmark in their column of the comparison chart.

I'm not opposed to a 48V DC battery system with a Sol-Ark 15k or something
like that, but I think my options for wall-mount, outdoor, and beautiful
are going to be limited.

I don't need any generator integration.

Jason Szumlanski
Florida Solar Design Group