[RE-wrenches] sealing a carport array

Corey Shalanski coresolar at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 14:38:15 PDT 2023

Hi Kirk,

Way back in 2016, Bob Maynard made a recommendation
<https://www.mail-archive.com/re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org/msg22436.html>
for a racking product called Solar RainFrame. It looks like the weblink in
that post is now broken, but I see an updated website at solarrainframe.com.

For larger arrays, you might consider a product from Nucor called
PowerShingle
<https://www.nucorbuildingsgroup.com/powershingle-solar-roof-panels/>. One
of my buddies recently installed that product on top of a parking garage,
and he seems satisfied enough with the results—i.e., he has not observed
any leaks after the first few months in service.

--
Corey Shalanski
Jah Light Solar

On Wed, Sep 13, 2023 at 10:08 AM Kirk Herander via RE-wrenches <