[RE-wrenches] sealing a carport array

Kirk Herander kirkh at vermont.solar
Wed Sep 13 10:29:37 PDT 2023

I am using bifacial panels for albedo harvest, so no roof surface, just
open rafters. Mod rails mounted perpendicular. The Sunmodo gasket did work
well in combo with bottom mounting the modules ( i.e. no top bolts between
the panels to interfere with the press-fit of the gasket).  But you
really need to make the gap a little wider, 1/2" or more, to get that
particular gasket to tap in easy and snug. I used Ironridge camo clamps at
additional expense instead of the UFOs.