[RE-wrenches] Power conditioner for Trace inverter

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Sat Sep 9 10:13:30 PDT 2023

Friends:

I had an experience with a more modern inverter system creating harmonic
distortion on the output waveform during generator run.  That issue was
documented here
<https://millersolar.com/MillerSolar/case_studies/25_GFI%20Tripping/GFI_Tripping.html>.
The inverter system is Outback Radian.

A few weeks ago I received a call from an individual that was researching a
similar problem.  He called me to tell me he had resolved his harmonic
distortion problem by installing a 20 microfarad capacitor in the circuit
that was having problems.

I have read here about adding a capacitor to solve distortion problems. The
same client is still having problems running a modern oven.  I ordered a 20
microfarad, non-polarized capacitor rated at 440 VAC.  I will let you know
if this provides any resolution.

William Miller

Miller Solar

17395 Oak Road, Atascadero, CA 93422