[RE-wrenches] Fronius USA available 2023 & 2024 ?

Mick Abraham mick at abrahamsolar.com
Thu Aug 24 13:23:02 PDT 2023

Hi, Mechanix~ I asked a Greentech location about quantity four Fronius
string inverter PRIMO 6.0-1. (6kW AC output, single phase 240 volt 60 hz)
This p/n is in the Greentech portal but my particular branch hasn't done
much with Fronius. Today the branch manager told me "Fronius no longer
exists."

Can any of you confirm or correct this report? I have an off-grid
opportunity for which I wish to AC couple some of the PV. If Fronius USA
has indeed "left the building", are there other string inverters that can
be selected for country code "off grid 60 hz"? I'd like for the PV
inverters to only curtail their output wattage if there's a frequency shift
from the grid forming inverter (frequency/watt). Schneider XW Pro units
would be forming the grid. Schneider has a white paper # 990-6421 on AC
coupling but this document is almost three years old & no help at all in
finding compatible PV inverters. Rapid shutdown is not mandated for this
gig & each array would be evenly illuminated. IIRC, the List hasn't been
highly enamored with SolarEdge in recent years; is that still the consensus?

Thanks as always; the Wrench List is the Bomb!

Mick Abraham, Proprietor
www.abrahamsolar.com

Landline: 970-731-4675
Cell phone or for text messaging: 970-946-6584
ᐧ