[RE-wrenches] Sol-Ark 15k Conduit Entries

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar offgridsolar at sti.net
Fri Aug 4 09:47:15 PDT 2023

Very nice Install Michael!  Was that the project on the xxCloud River we
talked about?

It looks like you have kept the gutter heat gain down to protect
electronics.  "the rule of thumb is that every 10°C increase in
temperature reduces component life by half"
https://www.electronics-cooling.com/2017/08/10c-increase-temperature-really-reduce-life-electronics-half/

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar
"we go where powerlines don't"
    [1]https://offgridsolar1.com/ [2]  [1]
e-mail  offgridsolar at sti.net
text 209 813 0060

On 2023-08-03 10:08 am, Michael Morningstar via RE-wrenches wrote:

> Hi Drake,
> Those are single phase combiner panels. I would have loved to set this
> up as a three phase system, but there was already a mile of underground
> single phase run throughout the property. We ended up running a half
> mile 15KV line from the power site to the estate. This is an aside,
> it's kind of hard to see, but for seperation, we attached  the pv
> circuits to the back of the gutter using through bolted adhesive backed
> cable tie holders. Often we use gutter dividers. They originate in the
> tall cabinet at the end which houses controls, secondary PV
> disconnects, AC and DC egauges, Tigo hub, Battery hub and (Lynk II). On
> the opposite end is a similar cabinet for the collection and
> distribution of AC circuits. Also, above and below the batteries are
> small gutters for communications and CT wires that run from the
> transfer switches to eguage. One transfer switch to alternate usage
> (alternating relay) or bypass between Gen 1 and Gen 2, and the other
> switch to select inverter or generator power, locally or remotely. In
> the AC cabinet there is a 400a contactor and time delay relay to
> achieve a generator cooldown as the janky Sol-Arks don't do that and
> it's hell on new diesels not to have that function.

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

> There are two list archives for searching. When one doesn't work, try
> the other:
>
> List rules & etiquette:
>
> Check out or update participant bios:
> http://www.members.re-wrenches.org