[RE-wrenches] 200a manual xfer switch w/ small aux contact : who makes it?

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Wed Jul 26 16:28:37 PDT 2023

Mick:

Square D offers a set of auxiliary contacts on the double throw switches.
It is ordered by adding a suffix to the model number. Check the footnotes
in the Digest. My supplier at CED can hook you up and arrange a drop
shipment. Eddie Jensen at 805-543-4700.

Be careful though, these are micro switches that sometimes come mis-aligned
such that they might barely trip when installed and then not quite trip
later on. Exercise the switch and observe the throw to ensure it is
positive.

Good luck.

William

On Wed, Jul 26, 2023 at 3:26 PM Mick Abraham via RE-wrenches <

> Hi, Mechanix~ My off grid project needs dual 40kW diesel generators with
> easy manual selection between "A" or "B". The output from the manual switch
> would feed AC into a set of XW Pro inverter/chargers.
>
> I seek a 200a manual xfer switch that can also changeover the 12v+
> generator automation wire with the same handle. Schneider DTU324N is 3
> phase (solid neutral) so that does get me a third blade but since the
> trigger wire is only a few amps this p/n seems like overkill on size/weight
> and on cost.
>
> The manual switch unit doesn't need to make or break live power because
> folks always tend to shut down any nearby noisy engine before they do any
> switching. We also don't need 100k short circuit current rating because the
> machines can't fault as big as grid power can. Non-fusible seems best b/c
> each genset will have a 200a main breaker. I'd prefer to buy the switch
> inside a NEMA1 enclosure rather than getting a bare switch that would
> require me to mount it into a housing. The project won't be code
> inspected, so thanks in advance for any suggestions.
>
> The Wrench List is the Bomb!
>
> Mick Abraham, Proprietor
> www.abrahamsolar.com
>
> Landline: 970-731-4675
> Cell phone or for text messaging: 970-946-6584

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

> other:
>
> List rules & etiquette:
>
> Check out or update participant bios: