[RE-wrenches] 200a manual xfer switch w/ small aux contact : who makes it?

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar offgridsolar at sti.net
Wed Jul 26 15:57:48 PDT 2023

You saw the back-up control switch from Schneider? Probably not what you
want. https://solar.se.com/us/en/product/backup-control-switch/
Might be good for something else?

Whole home or partial home backup made easy. When paired with Schneider
Electric
XW Pro inverters, the Backup Control Switch (BCS) automatically
disconnects from the
grid during an outage, allowing the system to provide backup power to
the home.
Certified to UL standards for USA, The Backup Control Switch is used for
larger XW Pro
systems requiring up to 200 A rated MID or service entrance
installation.
Flexible Installation
* Whole home backup or subpanel backup with up to 200
A rating
* Service entrance rated when installed with a main breaker
* Top or bottom entry for grid input
* Optional non-backup circuit, making it easy to backup an
existing panel and remove select non-critical loads
* Configurable for export limiting with integrated meter
Reliable
* Fast 50 ms transfer from grid connected to backup power
operation
* Reliable backup power and load starting performance
with the compatible XW Pro inverters
* Connect up to 4 XW Pro inverters for up to 27 kW
continuous and 48 kW peak backup power capability
* Outdoor rated enclosure
* 10 year limited warranty

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar
"we go where powerlines don't"
http://members.sti.net/offgridsolar/
e-mail  offgridsolar at sti.net
text 209 813 0060

On 2023-07-26 3:24 pm, Mick Abraham via RE-wrenches wrote:

> Hi, Mechanix~ My off grid project needs dual 40kW diesel generators
> with easy manual selection between "A" or "B". The output from the
> manual switch would feed AC into a set of XW Pro inverter/chargers.
>
> I seek a 200a manual xfer switch that can also changeover the 12v+
> generator automation wire with the same handle. Schneider DTU324N is 3
> phase (solid neutral) so that does get me a third blade but since the
> trigger wire is only a few amps this p/n seems like overkill on
> size/weight and on cost.
>
> The manual switch unit doesn't need to make or break live power because
> folks always tend to shut down any nearby noisy engine before they do
> any switching. We also don't need 100k short circuit current rating
> because the machines can't fault as big as grid power can. Non-fusible
> seems best b/c each genset will have a 200a main breaker. I'd prefer to
> buy the switch inside a NEMA1 enclosure rather than getting a bare
> switch that would require me to mount it into a housing. The project
> won't be code inspected, so thanks in advance for any suggestions.
>
> The Wrench List is the Bomb!
>
> Mick Abraham, Proprietor
> www.abrahamsolar.com [1]
>
> Landline: 970-731-4675
> Cell phone or for text messaging: 970-946-6584

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

> There are two list archives for searching. When one doesn't work, try
> the other:
>
> List rules & etiquette:
>
> Check out or update participant bios:
> http://www.members.re-wrenches.org