[RE-wrenches] Inverter output fluctuations

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar offgridsolar at sti.net
Mon Jul 3 16:09:03 PDT 2023

I think I would try eliminating things. Turn off the AC coupling for a
few days and get results. Turn of DC solar and get results. Measure AC
voltage with a scope or just observe voltage during the flicker. Are all
of the lights flickering? Are they on dimmers?  Are there any loads
failing that could be the source? Is the output with-in spec? Rock solid
60 HZ right.

Do an AC bypass of XW with the genset and check for flicker symptoms.

Are they on Insight? They really need it for you to monitor.  Are there
any faults, warnings or events ? Check history.  There are a few
settings in the old XW+ that could have been glitched by a surge or
nearby lightning strike.

XW+ could have a damaged FET. Open the unit and do a  visual.
There would be a smell and transistor fragments on the bottom right side
of the power bridge. 90% of XW failures have visual evidence.

While you have it open, Check the DSP sensing and control board, both
LEDs (light-emitting diodes) D24 and D25 are on.

Last thing is a DC power down of the unit and the DC buss for 5 minutes.
  If that does not work, then a reset to factory values.
This is off an old list I got from Support many years ago and combined
with my findings over the years. Really rare for this kind of weirdness
and why it would be getting worse without visual evidence.

Good Luck Howie!

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar
"we go where powerlines don't"
http://members.sti.net/offgridsolar/