[RE-wrenches] High current dc combiner vibration

Kirk Herander kirkh at vermont.solar
Fri Jun 30 11:33:02 PDT 2023

Hello, what do people think about the suggestion for chokes to filter this
noise out? How do I go about sizing a choke for something like that? Would
it have to be on each and every positive and negative conductor? And I
assume I’d wanna place those chokes as close as practical to the inverters
because that’s the assumed source of the 120 Hz ripple. And maybe that
approach could also harden the inverters against EMP and other outside
induced noise.

I am using 2 inch SEU connectors, metallic, to pass the cables into and out
of the combiner, I guess that’s not helping things. I was thinking of using
some heat resistant rubber tape/mastic to wrap the cables as they pass
through those connectors at least for dampening.

On Fri, Jun 30, 2023 at 12:46 PM bob--- via RE-wrenches <