[RE-wrenches] High current dc combiner vibration

Nick A Lucchese lucchesesolar at me.com
Thu Jun 29 10:24:08 PDT 2023

Good morning all. Seems we’ve all been aware of best practices for keeping DC cables bound together and twisted when possible. Does anyone know why Simpliphi recommends the exact opposite on page 18 of their installation manual? I recall observing this awhile ago and thought it was just something that they would remedy in their next manual revision cycle but appears to still be noted. Has their own validated testing for Simpliphi specific installs concluded to be contrary to others?

Off to work, Nick