[RE-wrenches] Fwd: Schneider SCP / MPPT 80 600 / XW+ / Gateway questions

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar offgridsolar at sti.net
Tue Jun 13 08:13:01 PDT 2023

  Good advice from Tump, please use it! The main issue is we need to feed
back to Schneider that XWP should work out of the box for Offgrid.
  This is how all of the previous models did. The California and Hawaii
rules for grid have taken over. When I beta tested XWP for offgrid
  it was offgrid friendly. The firmware updates changed how XWP behaves
for offgrid, in some modes.

  I have always thought they should build a model that leaves out all of
the firmware for the grid and is just purely an Offgrid model.
  They taught being born offgrid and it is pretty bulletproof once
configured. You can see that it mostly is fine offgrid Greg but that
could change.
  Please tell them to consider making the default IEEE and thank them for
keeping the SCP alive.

  Your 4 X XWP system is much easier/faster to install now with the new
200 amp panel Schneider makes for big systems.
  Firmware being ready very soon for offgrid and it works fine now with
the grid.

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar
"we go where powerlines don't"
http://members.sti.net/offgridsolar/
e-mail  offgridsolar at sti.net
text 209 813 0060

List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

There are two list archives for searching. When one doesn't work, try
the other:

List rules & etiquette:

Check out or update participant bios:
http://www.members.re-wrenches.org