[RE-wrenches] Retail price lists

Dave Tedeyan dave at sungineersolar.com
Thu May 18 08:46:48 PDT 2023

If a customer wants to use some of their own parts, I'll need to add some
amount of hours for managing them and their purchase list, and make it
clear in the contract that issues arising from incomplete or incorrect
parts is on them.
Or you can do what I saw at my mechanic shop the other day: Labor =
$120/hr. If you bring your own parts, labor = $150/hr.
Cheers,
Dave

On Thu, May 18, 2023 at 11:43 AM Michael Morningstar via RE-wrenches <

> My question is: how/why is it that NAZ and the likes sell equipment for
> less than what I pay wholesale?
>
> On Thu, May 18, 2023 at 4:15 AM Jason Szumlanski via RE-wrenches <
> re-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org> wrote:
>
>> Here is how I explain it to customers. Straight out of college, I was a
>> financial analyst for an aerospace company working on government contracts.
>> We did "cost-plus" contracts, which is what the client is essentially
>> looking for. The government ended up paying too much for things this way. A
>> fixed-price competitive contract is all the transparency a client needs.
>>
>> Another way I put it is that we charge what the market allows, and if
>> that is not enough for us to provide an excellent customer experience, we
>> simply pass on the job.
>>
>> No line item prices. The only things we might line item are permit costs
>> and engineering fees for non-standard projects.
>>
>> Jason Szumlanski
>> Principal Solar Designer | Florida Solar Design Group
>> NABCEP Certified Solar Professional (PVIP)
>> Florida State Certified Solar Contractor CVC56956
>>

>> On Wed, May 17, 2023 at 6:56 PM Jerry Shafer via RE-wrenches <
>> re-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Wrenches
>>> Bottom line package price, all inclusive one number, I list all the
>>> major components inverter, modules ect. and all of what is included permits
>>> engineering thats it system cost, tax incentive, rebate (if any) no a la
>>> carte here sorry.
>>> But thats just me!

>>> Pay optional member dues here: http://re-wrenches.org
>>>
>>> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org
>>>
>>> Change listserver email address & settings:
>>>
>>> There are two list archives for searching. When one doesn't work, try
>>> the other:
>>> https://www.mail-archive.com/re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org/
>>> http://lists.re-wrenches.org/pipermail/re-wrenches-re-wrenches.org
>>>
>>> List rules & etiquette:
>>> http://www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>>>
>>> Check out or update participant bios:
>>> http://www.members.re-wrenches.org

>> Pay optional member dues here: http://re-wrenches.org
>>
>> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

>> There are two list archives for searching. When one doesn't work, try the
>> other:
>> https://www.mail-archive.com/re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org/
>>
>> List rules & etiquette:
>> http://www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>>
>> Check out or update participant bios:
>> http://www.members.re-wrenches.org
>>

> --
>
> Michael Morningstar
>

> Morningstar Electric
>
> PO Box 1494
>
> Mount Shasta, CA 96067
>
> 530-921-0560
>
> mjmorningstar at gmail.com

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

> other:
>
> List rules & etiquette:
>
> Check out or update participant bios:
> [...]

[image: Logo] <https://www.sungineersolar.com/>
Dave Tedeyan, P.E.
Owner | Sungineer Solar
p: he | him | his
a: 1653 Slaterville Rd. | Ithaca, NY 14850
w: www.sungineersolar.com <http://www.sungineersolar.com/>
c: (607) 288-2898