[RE-wrenches] Old and new Radian

Darryl Thayer darylsolar1 at gmail.com
Wed May 10 11:05:01 PDT 2023

Sorry if this is nonsense,  but your existing Radian is your "AC grid
source," It can act as the paralleling.
AC coupling source.  I did this about 20 to 30 years ago, using FX
inverters, not Radians, to power a large motor.
Can your Radian Mate 3 run in grid zero? Or if not, one inverter runs all
the time as a grid source ( grid forming)
the second inverter (grid following) runs in Grid-Zero mode, with "off-set"
set at 30 Amps.  If the load is less than 30 amps,
the grid-following inverter carries the load.  (The grid-forming inverter
supplies the grid signal, and the following inverter
carries the load.)  When your load exceeds 30 amps, the extra current comes
from the grid-forming inverter.  The Radian can
pass up to 50 or 60 amps from the forming inverter.  You can get 50 to 60
amps
to the load when you add the forming and following inverters.  Errors:
this will double your parasitic load, I have not done this
so beware.  This is not the answer for V2H; other inverters can work in
this combination but

On Wed, May 10, 2023 at 10:04 AM frenergy via RE-wrenches <