[RE-wrenches] Attaching PV with VELCRO

Matt Partymiller matt at sesre.com
Wed Apr 12 07:51:38 PDT 2023

We used to see Unisolar go to market with hook and loop attachments.  Never installed any myself but there were definitely a number of those systems installed.  In fact, we were hired to remove a decade-old hail damaged array from a school in 2020 – roughly 200 kW.  The hook and loop attachment method was mostly successful but had failed in a few areas resulting in edges coming up a bit and ponding on the laminates.  Other failures to the modules were as significant as hook and loop failures.  Far from the worst array I’ve seen.

Matt

Matt Partymiller
General Manager
Solar Energy Solutions, LLC
Lexington | Louisville | Bloomington | Cincinnati | Evansville | Indianapolis
859-312-7456 (Office)
877-312-7456 (General)
matt at sesre.com

Check out our amazing new website and social media updates: www.sesre.com<http://www.sesre.com/>