[RE-wrenches] RE-wrenches] replace part of rolls battery bank

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar offgridsolar at sti.net
Thu Apr 6 08:43:19 PDT 2023

And the next step for hi reliability offgrid is to have both types of
battery in there own independent inverter power systems. Just switch the
DC bus from one power system or the other. I like the LFP just turned
off sitting as a spare power system. You can rotate or do a monthly test
like it is a genset.

This is also a good way to use up the old flooded and retire it when it
becomes useless and ready to recycle. Some LFP manufactures do provide a
spare BMS but probably better to just have an extra battery at the
offgrid home.

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar
"we go where powerlines don't"
http://members.sti.net/offgridsolar/
e-mail  offgridsolar at sti.net
text 209 813 0060

On 2023-04-05 6:30 pm, Scot Arey via RE-wrenches wrote:

> Just attended the NABCEP conference last week and took in CEU classes
> from Rolls and Midnite on battery charging and design. Just awesome
> classes and I walked away thinking the FLA were kind of like my old 7.3
> Powerstroke diesel…I could work on them and could see when issues were
> developing. The lithium batteries are kind of like my 6.7 PSD. Great
> power, fast but when something happens with a BMS…no idea except to go
> to the manufacturer.
>
> Just wanted to share this after reading your awesome post.
>
> Scot

Links:
------
[1] http://re-wrenches.org/