[RE-wrenches] Cell phone based relay control

toddcory at finestplanet.com toddcory at finestplanet.com
Tue Mar 14 09:03:04 PDT 2023

I can help with this as Michael built something similar to what I designed and installed in 2001:

I plumbed small irrigation sprayers every ~15' around the perimeter of my buildings under the eaves. This wets down the perimeter of the structures, particularly the combustion zone where the building meets the ground. Roof mounted sprayers leave a vulnerable dry gap between the drip edge and the building. Under eave sprayers wet this area and the siding.

I have 40 of these sprayers which maxes out my well pump at 35 PSI/~15 gallons a minute creating a rainstorm of water around the 8 buildings they are plumbed on. My GVFX-3648 is easily capable of operating the well pump during a grid outage.

I also have window shutters and metal roofs.

I use this to activate the solenoid valve from my phone if I am gone:

[ https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06X6NBDFW ]( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06X6NBDFW )

It is controlled by this phone application:
[ https://ewelink.cc/ ]( https://ewelink.cc/ )[
 ]( https://ewelink.cc/ )
It is perplexing why Cal Fire and others do not test and recommend these kinds of systems. The best answer I have been able to come up with is they fear people prepared like this would have a tendency to "stay and defend" their homes rather than evacuating.

Todd