[RE-wrenches] Inverter bypass

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Fri Mar 3 08:41:58 PST 2023

Friends:

Interesting topic.  Thanks to all for the various options.

If we are going to support off-grid customers we insist they have a
generator and bypass capabilities.  We usually fabricate our own
interlocks.  Sure they are not UL listed, but no inspector has balked as of
yet.

Below is an example for a three inverter Radian system:

William Miller

Miller Solar

17395 Oak Road, Atascadero, CA 93422

805-438-5600

www.millersolar.com

CA Lic. 773985

On Thu, Mar 2, 2023, 9:47 AM Kristopher Schmid via RE-wrenches <

Hi All,

I have a standalone system that was upgraded from an FX inverter to a
Radian WITHOUT  the companion load center.  I would like to add an inverter
bypass circuit to operate the house on generator power.  There used to be a
4 slot breaker panel (SqD?) with the rocker switch preventing both breakers
from being in the on position simultaneously.  I have not been able to find
it on the interweb.  Anyone know of something out there that would meet my
needs?

Kris

Shine On!

Kris Schmid
Legacy Solar, LLC
137 West 1st Avenue
Luck, WI 54853
www.legacysolar.com
715-653-4295
Licensed Wisconsin Master Electrician
BSEE

List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

There are two list archives for searching. When one doesn't work, try the
other:

List rules & etiquette:

Check out or update participant bios:
http://www.members.re-wrenches.org

List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

There are two list archives for searching. When one doesn't work, try the
other:

List rules & etiquette:

--

Mac Lewis

"Yo solo sé que no sé nada." *-Sócrates*