[RE-wrenches] 60v Inverter?

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Thu Mar 2 19:05:45 PST 2023

Hi all;

I'm putting together a small backup system that will use an electric
motorcycle battery (60 V, 35 AH, Li+) Normal charge voltage is at 67.2v,
so that excludes most inverters I know of. I've found a few from China
that claim 60v and 72v nominal input, but output is listed at 230vac,
and the frequency is not listed at all.  They show universal Euro output
receptacles.....and only available straight from China.

Ideally I'd like a unit in the 1500 to 3000 watt range that I could
program the input voltage range, but also the output frequency.  For
other strange musical reasons, I want an inverter (or VFD) that I can
fine tune the frequency output at 120 vac. I'd like something I could
vary the output from 55 to 65 Hz in roughly 0.1 Hz increments. This
could be the same inverter, or a different one.  I want to slow the
frequency of a 1/4 Hp synchronous motor that is in an Hammond organ, so
that I can tune the organ down from A=440 Hz to A =432 Hz to match an
even older piano.........Yep, I'm living on the edge......

Ray Walters
(Now Even More) Remote Solar