[RE-wrenches] Solar and tenant billing

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Mon Jan 30 19:21:07 PST 2023

Bill:

I’m not sure what you are doing is entirely legal. Tenants can only be
billed for actual (measured) utility usage.

This does not necessarily apply to your situation but it should be noted:
 Tenants must be billed at the rate the landlord is charged— no marking up
the cost.

I’d say anyone with tenants wanting to pass on utility costs needs to
sub-meter. Good records need to be kept.

If you are being billed at TOU and/or tiered rates then you need to do the
accounting and bill at the variable rates.

E-Gauge is a fine platform for that. You can download an hour-by-hour
record and apply the correct rates.

William Miller

On Mon, Jan 30, 2023 at 6:54 PM frenergy via RE-wrenches <

William Miller
Miller Solar.com
895-438-5600
www.millersolar.com