[RE-wrenches] Does anybody know if the LG Prime 16 battery has been test to UL9540A standards that would allow units to be closer than three feet apart?

Eric Smiley eric at vecoop.ca
Thu Jan 26 11:57:00 PST 2023

My understanding is that UL9540A documentation is required if one plans to
exceed the limitations on size and quantity of ESS as well as separation
distances.
The UL9540A report has to be included in the Instructions and made
available to the AHJ if the IRC, IFC or NFPA855 limits are to be exceeded.

According to the documents on the LG website, the LGPrime series only has
UL9540 for a limited number of inverters in the US - SolarEdge, SMA, Goodwe
and Growatt. And they can not be used in Off-grid mode.

*Eric Smiley,* Project Manager
eric at vecoop.ca
T: 250.703.6004 <+12507036004>
T: 888.386.0116 <+18883860116>
*VIRIDIANENERGY.CA <https://viridianenergy.ca/>*

* <https://viridianenergy.ca/>*

On Thu, 26 Jan 2023 at 10:49, Scot Arey via RE-wrenches <